Languages / Tools
- HTML / CSS
- Terraform (HCL)
platforms / software
- EC2 / VPC /
- S3 / Glacier
- MySQL / Postgres
- Apache / Nginx
Integrations / Dev Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Apps
- System Instrumentation & Alerting
- Database Backup and Archival
- Vulnerability Management
- Regional Redundancy & Disaster Recovery
- Spend Auditing
Member of Technical Staff
June 2015 – Present
- Improve redundancy across availability zones to remove any SPoF achieve >99.9% uptime for critical payment gateway.
- Automate health monitoring and cluster management of critical components such as service discovery multiple databases.
- Build tools for automated cross-coast data replication and rapid failover to multiple regions.
- Improve deployment tools to allow for rapid scaling and fine-grained deployments in a loosely coupled service environment.
- Deploy and maintain a log aggregation system to provide advanced search of 10s of millions of traces per day to engineering and support teams.
- Implement tools to monitor devices (in store) and cloud-based applications and hosts level providing actionable alerts to relevant on-call teams.
- Deploy and manage vulnerability management tools for monitoring system events, file integrity, detect intrusions, and audit user access.
- Assist in planning and rolling out security enhancements to encryption of PII and payment data at rest and in flight and to meet/exceed PCI requirements.
- Audit and optimize resource usage to lower TCO.
Los Angeles, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
Sept 2013 – June 2015
- Planned and deployed new auto scaling and redundant clusters onto AWS infrastructure using Puppet for server provisioning
- Maintained a Vagrant based development environment using Puppet for VM provisioning for different project templates and software stacks
- Built and maintained web properties and applications including custom CMS, ecommerce sites, and APIs
- Met with clients to determine business objectives and develop custom business automation tools
- Created Wordpress management tools to help maintain many different Wordpress sites and migrating content from local to staging to production
- Performed security audits on all components from the on premises network to AWS hosting platform
- Implemented a new issue tracking system, development workflow, coding standards, and documentation methods
Los Angeles, CA
Web Development & Performance Manager
Apr 2013 – Aug 2013
- Led a small team of designers and developers in the marketing department to manage the retail and marketing sites using an Agile method with week sprints
- Optimized and performed A/B testing experiments on retail site product pages and order funnels to improve conversion rate and ROI by up to 22%
- Analyzed traffic data to improve on-page SEO
- Worked with customer care team to iteratively improve UX for knowledge base and live chat support channels to reduce volume of customer contacts
- Improved dynamic pricing and backend affiliate tracking systems
Oct 2011 – Apr 2013
- Created prototypes, wire frames, and designed user experience for web site builder application
- Built and maintained new features for mission critical and highly secure frontend and backend control panels
- Integrated primary client management system with sales CRM, merchant gateway, PayPal, DNS systems, McAfee Virus protection, CPanel, and other internal systems
- Interfaced with outside departments to gather requirements and business objectives on behalf of the development team
- Developed several one-off contest and promotional mini web apps
- Assisted marketing team in delivering a major redesign / rebranding and seamless launch across several sites and CMS
General Manager / Developer
Dec 2009 – Aug 2011
- Supervised technical support teams responsible for hundreds of thousands of customer domains
- Performed quality control for customer contacts and handled tickets escalated to management
- Assisted sales and billing departments with customer service duties
- Improved internal processes for handling server and network abuse
Sept 2007 – Dec 2009
- Built and maintained a mission critical server and network monitoring system
- Integrated the billing system and Parallels Virtuozzo to automate VPS creations and terminations
- Created internal tools to allow technical support to better detect and track server abuse
- Built cPanel script auto installer plugins for client use
Feb 2005 – Sept 2007
- Created project proposals and roadmaps
- Developed custom web applications for commercial and personal use
- Integrated online payment platforms into existing web sites to make them eCommerce capable
Jul 2004 – Feb 2005
- Managed frontend of client web sites and provided training and support
- Sliced and coded new pages from Photoshop PSDs
- Fixed bugs and built out new frontend functionality in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Maintained front facing and admin sites for client ecommerce applications